Motor vehicle accident claims

    Contact us today to schedule an appointment

    Input this code:captcha

    Thank you for requesting an appointment

    We usually respond within one business day. If you’ve messaged us outside of normal business hours, we will be happy to help you once we’re back. Please note that no bookings are final until we have reserved a time slot using your credit card.

    Hours of operation

    Monday to Thursday: 9:30 AM – 8:00 PM
    Friday: 9:30 AM – 7:00 PM
    Saturday: Appointment only
    Sunday: Closed

    Please be aware of our cancellation policy.

    Beginning your recovery after a
    motor vehicle accident

    If you’ve suffered an auto accident injury, you’re not alone.

    At Elysian Wellness, we’ll help you throughout the process to ensure you receive the coverage you need to get treated. We simplify the process for you by:

    • Directly billing motor vehicle insurers
    • Helping you fill out the required paperwork
    • Dealing with your insurance adjusters directly
    • Designing a treatment plan that will quickly get you on the road to recovery.

    We also work with our team of partners and experienced personal injury lawyers to ensure you receive all the treatments and benefits you require and deserve.

    We are licensed by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) to directly bill automobile insurers and receive payment directly — you won’t have to pay out of pocket once your treatment plan has been approved.

    If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you might not know where to start. Contact us right away and let’s get started on your recovery, together.


    How does a motor vehicle accident claim work?

    If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident and need to make a claim, here’s what should happen first:

    • A claim needs to be made to your motor vehicle insurer. Call your insurance company to file a claim and inform them that you have sustained bodily injuries from the accident as well.
    • Your insurance company will assign an adjuster to you for your health claim. This will be a different person than your vehicle damage adjuster. If you haven’t done this yet, don’t worry. You have up to 2 years to make a health claim due to injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident.
    • Once an adjuster has been assigned to you, they’ll provide you with a package of forms (if they don’t, we can provide you with the required documents). The main form that you need to start your health claim process is an Application for Accident Benefits (OCF-1) form. You should fill out this form and bring it with you to your first initial assessment and treatment.
    • If you can’t fill it out yourself, just let us know ahead of time and we’ll reserve adequate time before your initial assessment to help you fill it out. We can also send this form to your insurer on your behalf.

    Contact us today to schedule an appointment

    Frequently asked questions

    There are 3 categories you may be classified under if you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident:

    1. Minor injury guideline (MIG):
    • Sprain or strain
    • Whiplash injury
    • Whiplash associated disorder
    • Partial dislocation of a joint
    • Laceration
    • Contusion
    1. Non-catastrophic (non-CAT):
    • Fracture
    • Bone break
    • Full bone dislocation
    • Psychological disorders associated to the accident
    • Pre-existing medical condition that may delay recovery
    • Was not able to recover within the MIG
    1. Catastrophic Impairment (CAT):
    • Amputation of a limb
    • Severe paralysis
    • Spinal cord injuries
    • Severe head injuries
    • Severe brain injuries
    • Severe burns
    • Blindness
    • Deafness
    • Other injuries that are so severe that you are permanently unable to work or perform activities of daily living

    Are you filing a health claim or need help starting the process?