Mike is an experienced and talented physiotherapist who graduated with A BSc in Human Kinetics from the University of Guelph in 2012, then completed his MSc in Physiotherapy at Queen Margaret University in Scotland in 2018.
- Awarded Best Physiotherapist in Ottawa 2021
After years of involvement in competitive sports, Mike found his passion and decided to pursue a career in Physiotherapy. He obtained a BSc in Human Kinetics from the University of Guelph in 2012, after which, he worked as a Physiotherapy Assistant for four years and volunteered in various facets of the field. He then completed his MSc in Physiotherapy at Queen Margaret University in Scotland in 2018.
Mike does not believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach and is committed to providing client-centred care, tailoring each treatment plan to an individual’s unique needs and personal goals.
Mike is dedicated to continuing his education. He has training in Mulligan Mobilizations with Movement, and he has completed post-graduate certifications in Advanced Exercise Prescription for the Cervical Spine and Upper Extremity and Lumbar Spine and Lower Extremity through the APTEI. He wishes to widen his skill set and continue his education through various clinical orthopedic specializations.
Outside the clinic, Mike enjoys outdoor activities, cooking, travelling, and playing hockey and golf. He takes great pride in his work and feels tremendous responsibility in knowing it is his job to help return clients to the activities they love doing.
Mike has skillfully applied a variety of treatment options, including:
- Exercise Prescription
- Soft Tissue Release
- Manual Traction
- Tissue Distraction with Movement
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Stretching
- Taping Techniques
- Neural Mobilization
- Percussive Therapy
Mike has successfully worked with and treated:
- MVAs (Motor Vehicle Accidents)
- Sports Injuries
- Geriatric Patients
- Work Injuries
- Day-to-Day Injuries
- Joint Injuries
- Neck and Spinal Injuries
- Strength and Conditioning Clients
- And more
Extra Certifications / Courses
- Assessing and Managing Radicular Pain
- The Sporting Shoulder
- Restoring Load Capacity in the Injured Runner
- Clinical Reasoning in Rehab
- Exercise and Pain
- Managing Lower Limb Tendinopathy
- Pain, Movement and Play: common sense for complex problems
- Telehealth in the 21st Century: embracing the future of Healthcare
- Cervical Spine masterclass
- Physitrack Certification Level 2