Registered Acupuncturist (R.AC.)
R.Ac. Geneviève is a passionate acupuncture practitioner who graduated with honors from the International Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Ottawa. She takes pride in being a detail oriented practitioner, providing treatments that are effective and customized to every patient.
She is professional, dedicated, and attentive to her patients. She likes to combine the traditional way of using acupuncture with modern treatment technologies and methods.
She also uses the AcuGraph* technology, which is a digital imaging system that allows an in-depth analysis of the state of the meridians. The procedure is painless and is done quickly by touching the skin at specific locations on the hands and feet using a probe. We get a series of graphics that gives us a detailed picture of the balances and imbalances of the energy in the meridians.
When she is not working, Geneviève enjoys spending time in nature and with her family. She likes reading, gardening, meditation, crafts, and most of all, learning new methods to improve her skills in acupuncture.
Here are some of the methods that she uses:
- Cupping therapy
- Traditional Acupuncture
- Gua Sha
- Tui Na massage
- Ear acupuncture and ear seeds
- Electrical stimulation with or without needles
- Painless laser acupuncture
- Chinese food cure
Acupuncture can be used to help a wide range of conditions, here are some examples:
- Headache and migraine
- Pain management
- Smoking cessation of tobacco or marijuana
- Menstrual disorders like menstrual cramps, irregular cycle, PMS
- Digestive and bowel disorders like IBS, heartburn, constipation
- Skin condition like eczema and psoriasis
- Anxiety, stress, depression and sleep disturbances
- Respiratory disorders like asthma and frequent cold
- Poor energy level
- Or simply to stay in good health
Geneviève also offers cosmetic cupping therapy:
- Facial cupping: It has the effect of relaxing the tissues; it increases blood circulation and facilitates lymphatic drainage. As a result, the facial muscles are more relaxed, the tissues receive an increased intake of oxygen and nutrients and eliminate the toxins and excess water. It is a very relaxing treatment that, in addition to reducing swelling and the appearance of wrinkles, also has beneficial effects for headaches, earaches, jaw pain, facial paralysis, and sinusitis.
- Anti-cellulite cupping: It causes the breakdown of cellulite. This stimulates blood circulation and the elimination of fats and toxins through the lymphatic system. The massage relaxes the connective tissue and the adhesion of the fascia promoting a smooth and healthy-looking skin.
*AcuGraph is a registered trademark of Miridia Technology Inc.